Early free blown handled jug. Attributed to the glass works of Randell Marshall and Fredrick Stanger located in Cumberland County nearby the Tuckahoe river .Both Stanger and Marshall were involved in the Union glass works at Port Elizabeth prior to the opening of “Marshallville” founded approx.. 1814. . There is lots of interesting information to be found in Adleines book in regards relationship of Randel Marshall and the Stanger family in the early years of glass making in Southern New Jersey..This 8” jug looks and is possibly the jug pictured in Adleine Peppers book. Not quit puce but not amber. Rare jug in a common stoneware form.