From the beginning, the early Colonists understood the vast resources that the Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey held. In the early 1700s the early settlers were using one of that areas largest resource, water. Many sawmills were erected using that waterpower to cut the timber that was also very..
There are times when Glasshouse Whimsies are also considered in other areas of collecting. For some years, Wheaton Village in Millville NJ has been very active in presenting customs and crafts that are considered American Folk Art or South Jersey Folk Art. Where this folk art crosses..
By Dale Murschell Clementon is located in the lower part of Camden County encompassing the Chews Landing/Berlin Road. Route 30, also known as the White Horse Pike, runs through the northeast corner of the Borough. Almost everyone who grew up in South Jersey, within 40 miles of Clementon during..
With the help of Juneanne Wescoat Glicks books They Blew Glass and The Recorded Businesses of Clayton Township Jacob P Fisler (1789-1868) Fisler Town was named after the Fisler family. They first settled in the area in 1753. By the early part of the 19th century they owned..
Late 19th century Painting of the Lake Partly due to the Revolutionary War the early history of the lake area is vague but it is known that in 1773 John Early of Aura bought land along Still Run Creek and shortly after acquired 2/3s interest in the saw mill there. Eventually Jacob..